Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Prices of dressed and undressed dolls on ebay

  1. #1
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been noticing lately that it doesn't seem to make any difference whether a doll is dressed in original clothing or not. I have seen a completely dressed doll in original clothing go for only a couple of dollars more than an undressed doll. I find this a bit confusing since the meet outfits cost at least $20 each and then you still have to buy the shoes.

    Am I to assume that the clothing is not valuable? I find that hard to believe. I guess it all depends on the individual auctions.

    Juliette

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've noticed the same thing--I try to dress my ebay dolls nicely to sell better, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
    But even a naked doll with nice hair will sell for more than a frizzy(or cut)-haired doll in a nice AG outfit. It's my humble opinion that good hair is the key to determining final auction price. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've noticed the same thing. It is puzzling to me, too. I guess people just get caught up in the bidding game. I also think that many do not look at Completed Listing to see what dolls have sold for in the past. To me the outfit would add value. I am also surprised that dolls in need of TLC go for as high as ones that are in GREAT condition. My thought here is that people are tender-hearted and want to rescue the doll and give her some extra love. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know some people don't like to see a nekked doll on ebay. However, it's the best way to see the doll's condition--and that's all we have to go on when buying on ebay.

    I'd like to receive a doll with clothes but to have the chance to check for things that might bother me with more pictures.

    If you pull image station pictures into your html listing, you don't have to pay for all the extra photos on the listing. I haven't had 100% success with my linking skills, but most times it has worked out great.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree I often seen dolls, Mattel one with no clothes and many time the x or beat up go for as much if not more then as a new doll at American Girl a with higher shipping cost too!


    I can understand a PM, tan or a white body or one who is no longer made.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    E-Bay doesn't always make a lot of sense. I have found that my auctions that run Sunday through Sunday do so much better than the same items that end on different day. I think the price is sometimes determined by how many people are online when the auction is ending as well as the other factors mentioned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •